Cambridge Office: 01223 792550
Bury St Edmunds Office: 01284 413340

Professional Indemnity Insurance

If you are providing advice or design for a fee (in other words professional services), you will need Professional Indemnity Insurance to protect you from claims made against you for financial loss caused by your negligent errors or omissions in the performance of your professional duty.

For professions such as architects, surveyors, consulting engineers, accountants and the medical and legal professions, Professional Indemnity Insurance is often a compulsory requirement of the professional bodies to which they belong. However, it is also becoming an increasingly necessary part of business insurance as more and more businesses become advice- or service-based.

As well as those above, these are just a few of the professional service providers who are likely to need Professional Indemnity Insurance regarding the contractual advice or services they provide to their clients or a breach of professional duty:

  • Insurance brokers
  • Computer software designers/developers
  • Environmental consultants
  • Estate agents
  • Ecological consultants
  • Health and Safety consultants
  • Design departments for heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems
  • Financial advisers
  • Security alarm system providers
  • Fire risk consultants and fire prevention trainers
  • Physical fitness trainers and sports coaches
  • Media marketing and advertising
  • IT consultants

The subject can be complex and policy wording can vary considerably, but we will use our experience to make sure that you get the right cover. Whatever your profession, contact Gibbs Denley today for advice and a quote.

Related Links

You may also be interested in:

Contact us

Cambridge Office

Commercial Insurance Team

01223 792550

Bury St Edmunds Office

Commercial Insurance Team

01284 413340

What our customers say

"I am able to get answers to problems almost immediately and always in a professional and proficient way"